Master's in Political Science
The Master's in Political Science is intended for future researchers and professionals looking for a demanding program, offered by one of the top political science departments in Canada.
There are 2 streams:
- Research (with thesis or supervised project)
- Public and international affairs (with internship)
- Fall and winter admission
- Limited enrolment
- Daytime classes
- Full-time and part-time
- 45 credits, including
30 for the thesis
27 for the supervised project
27 for the internship
Research (with thesis or supervised project)
For future political science researchers and educators. Under certain conditions, a fast-track master’s degree leading to a PhD is possible.
Public and International Affairs (with internship)
Opens doors to the job market. Three majors possible:
- Journalism and Political Communication
- Diplomacy and International Affairs
- Public Policy
Questions about this program?
Maëlle Souffrin, Student File Management Technician: 514 343-6111, ext. 54792
All about this program
Financial support of up to $6,000
Find a thesis advisor
International (in French)
Job outlook for graduates in this discipline
The + of studying political science at the Université de Montréal!
- Professors whose work has won many awards and prizes
- Proven internship program
- Seminars in the different concentrations taught by professionals in the field
- Several research groups and chairs, a sign of the Department's dynamic approach.
- According to the firm QS, the Université de Montréal ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in political science.